- Brown/white beans (I used white beans)
- Scotch bonnet
- Paprika pepper
- Start by peeling your beans. Do this by putting the beans in a bowl, adding some tap water and letting it sit for about 1 hour. The beans will soften. Using your hands, rub the beans against each other until the skins fall off (or pulse with a food processor/ use a mortar and pestle). Rinse and use a sieve to remove the peeled skin. Do this repeatedly till the beans are clean and no skin seen. (When peeling by hands it is easier to use red beans because they are softer)
- Blend your beans, onions, scotch bonnet and paprika pepper with as little water as possible.
- Transfer to a bowl and beat for about 10 minutes until it’s soft and fluffy with a slight change of color. Add some salt and beat again.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, reduce the heat a little and use a spoon to scoop the mixture into the oil one at a time.