I call this the easy jollof rice recipe because it doesn’t involve having to blend a pepper mix. I don’t know why but I just find the whole blending thing so stressful so I use this method instead, not only is it easier but it is quicker too. I will make the other jollof rice recipe soon but for now, let’s be lazy.
- Chopped tomatoes
- Meat of your choice (cooked)
- Tomato paste
- Chopped onions
- Scotch bonnets
- Long grain rice
- Bay leaves
- Jollof seasoning (optional)
- Crushed chilies
- Garlic, ginger and pimento powder
- In a pot, heat some oil. Add the onions and meat of your choice. Fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and fry.
- Add the tomato paste, spices and fry.
- Add some water and cover.
- After a few minutes add some parboiled rice. Put an aluminum foil over the pot before putting the cover on. Cook under low heat.
- Once the rice is done stir slightly. Cover again and cook under high heat for about 2-3 minutes to give it that smoky jollof rice flavour. Serve immediately.