It’s amazing how a vegetable can turn into something so yummy. Carrot cakes are my absolute favorites! Here’s a recipe for the most sumptuous and moist carrot cake ever.
- 5 carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Grate the carrots and set aside
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugars until creamy. Add the vegetable oil, the dry ingredients (gradually), the vanilla extract and mix.
- Grease a baking tin with butter and pour the cake mixture into it. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from tin and leave to cool- your carrot cake is ready!
I usually like my carrot cake plain but in case you don’t here’s a recipe for the perfect icing to go with it:
In a bowl, combine some butter, icing sugar, cream cheese and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Spread over the cake and refrigerate until ready to serve. Decorate with nuts of your choice.