Here’s a quick beef shawarma base recipe. For this recipe I have not included any measurements as it depends on the amount of shawarmas you’re making. Preparation time doesn’t take more than 20 minutes.
- Minced beef
- Green peppers
- Red peppers
- Scotch bonnet pepper/chili flakes
- Ginger ground
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Ketchup (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
- In a pan, cook the minced beef.
- Add in some oil and fry with onions till the minced beef turns dark brown.
- Add the garlic, green peppers, red peppers and chopped scotch bonnet/ chili flakes.
- Season with Maggi/Salt, curry and ginger ground.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- You can serve on your pita bread just as it is or you can also include some mayonnaise, cheese or ketchup. Don’t forget to toast before serving!