Here’s another recipe perfect for the season. Super moist, super crunchy, slightly sweet and slightly sour- can your favorite dessert ever?
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ cups flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 diced (green) apples
- In a bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs (one at a time), milk, vanilla extract, lemon extract and whisk.
- Add in your dry ingredients and combine.
- Slightly grease your tin with butter and pour half of the batter into it. Put half of the chopped apples and half of the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Put the other half of the batter over it and layer the top with the rest of the apples and brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 280°C for 45-60 minutes. Remove from the oven, leave to cool at room temperature then refrigerate.
So there you have it! Six easy steps! Tastes even better when served with some ice cream!
– Chef A